Chesham United 1-3 Stevenage

Chesham United 1-3 Stevenage

Postby Simon N » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Chesham: Shane Gore, Ashley Smith, Daniel Brathwaite, Will Hudson, Darren Purse, Andy Ballard, Dave Fotheringham, Ryan Towner, Simon Thomas, Inih Effiong, Mark Bell.

Subs Alex Brown, Stephan Hamilton and Ryan Blake for Ballard, Towner & Effiong 57 mins; Rob Hastings for Bell 70 mins; David Lynn for Brathwaite 75 mins; Eman Rowe for Hudson 77 mins; Jack Mace and Jeanmal Prosper for Smith & Purse 83 mins.

Goal: Blake 87 mins.

Stevenage: Sam Beasant, Bira Dembele, Harry Worley, Andrew Bond, Simon Walton, Darius Charles, Tom Pett, Adam Marriott, Dean Wells, Charlie Lee, Roarie Deacon.

Subs Calvin Zola for Worley 45 mins; Trialist for Zola 70 mins; Jo N'Guessan and Fejiri Okenabirhie for Pett & Marriott 78 mins.

Goals: Marriott 28, 33, 51 mins.

Chesham had a useful work-out against League Two opposition on a sweltering afternoon. The match was decided by a hat-trick by last season's leading scorer in the Southern Premier, Adam Marriott who joined Stevenage from Cambridge City in the close season.

Stevenage took control of the game from the start, and after four minutes the ball was scrambled away after Bira Dembele headed a Simon Walton free kick across goal. Four minutes later a Marriott shot was blocked and the ball fell to Tom Pett who blasted over from inside the area. After 13 minutes a corner was taken short to Pett, and his cross found the unmarked Darius Charles who put a free header well wide. However on 28 minutes the ball bounced around the Chesham area before falling to Marriott who netted from close range. Five minutes later Marriott scored his second after Pett had run into the area and fired the ball across goal. Before half-time Shane Gore had to be alert to keep out efforts from Pett and Charles. Chesham's only noteworthy moment came when Inih Effiong looked to be running into space only to be body-checked by Harry Worley.

Six minutes after half-time Marriott found Roarie Deacon in space on the right, ran into the area and converted the resulting low cross to make it 3-0. Just after the hour mark Daniel Brathwaite's through ball sent Ryan Blake clear but Sam Beasant ran from goal to block. The remainder of the game was largely uneventful with the usual large number of substitutions. However three minutes from time Chesham grabbed a consolation, when Stephan Hamilton set up Ryan Blake who rounded Beasant to score.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest