Bedford Town 0-3 Chesham United

Bedford Town 0-3 Chesham United

Postby Simon N » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:46 pm

Bedford Town Chesham United
Dan Green 1 Shane Gore
Paul Cooper 2 John Kyriacou
Jordan Jarrold 3 Daniel Brathwaite
David Femiola 4 Mark Lambert
John Sonuga 5 Laurie Stewart
Jeremy Nash 6 Scott Thomas
Ashley Farmer 7 Dave Fotheringham
Eugene Asante 8 Steve Wales
Andrew Phillips 9 Chris Dillon
Sam Gyasi 10 Drew Roberts
Lorenzo Ferrari 11 James Potton

Curtis Shaw 12 Inih Effiong
Dominic Lawless 14 Toby Little
Claude Seanla 15 Danny Gordon
Omar McLeary Stephens 16 Bruce Wilson
Taylor Rhiney 17 Alex Brown

Seanla for Gyasi 57 Wilson for Potton 66
Rhiney for Phillips 76 Effiong for Dillon 76
Shaw for Nash 86 Little for Wales 79

Thomas 44
Dillon 74
Effiong 90+2

Phillips 72 Dillon 72

Cooper 14

Waitrose Man of the Match in association with the Bucks Examiner: Scott Thomas

Chesham put their FA Cup disappointment behind them with their sixth consecutive league win which takes them to second in the table. Chesham were already in control of the game when Bedford’s Paul Cooper was dismissed on 14 minutes, and after that it was one-way traffic for the rest of the game. Amazingly this was Chesham’s seventh consecutive win at the Eyrie.

Daniel Brathwaite and Scott Thomas came into the starting line-up in place of Toby Little and Bruce Wilson who were on the bench. None of the Bedford squad featured in the last meeting between these two teams six months ago. Chesham started well and in the tenth minute Dave Fotheringham found Drew Roberts in the area only for Paul Cooper to get in a saving tackle. In the fourteenth minute Chris Dillon’s lay-off sent Steve Wales clear only for Cooper to haul him back 25 yards out, and the ensuing red card was inevitable. Bedford dropped Ashley Farmer to right-back and Chesham took total command of the game. Steve Wales shot just wide of the near post, Wales drilled the ball across goal from the right and James Potton was just unable to turn it in at the far post, then a shot from Drew Roberts took a slight deflection and flew just wide. After 39 minutes James Potton sent Steve Wales away down the right and Wales’ cross was turned goalwards by Chris Dillon, but keeper Dan Green stretched out a leg to clear the ball off the line. After 44 minutes Bedford had their only shot on target in the whole game, but Lorenzo Ferrari’s effort was straight at Shane Gore. Chesham then moved the ball forward and Daniel Brathwaite’s cross was cleared as far as Scott Thomas, whose shot from 25 yards beat Green to his right to give Chesham the lead.

Early in the second half James Potton broke clear but Farmer got back to get in a saving tackle, then a long shot from Steve Wales forced Green to dive to his left to turn the ball behind. Midway through the half Steve Wales crossed low from the right to Bruce Wilson who lifted the ball just over. However after 74 minutes Steve Wales’ through ball found Chris Dillon who slotted the ball through the legs of the advancing keeper to make it 2-0. On 77 minutes Bedford sub Taylor Rhiney had a shooting chance but fired well wide. Five minutes from time Drew Roberts crossed from the left to Inih Effiong who had a free header but put his effort wide. Chesham’s only real scare came when a bout of head tennis in their own area led to the ball bouncing off Mark Lambert and just wide of the goal. In the last minute of normal time Lambert broke forward and fired in a 30-yard shot that Green clawed away, but in stoppage time Inih Effiong beat three defenders to get to Lambert’s through ball and fire home Chesham’s third.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest