Snowball Draw Question.....

Any other discussion related to Chesham United.

Snowball Draw Question.....

Postby Alan B » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:56 pm

It seems I've been lucky enough to recently win a prize in the Snowball Draw, but unfortunately my name is spelt incorrectly on the cheque I was sent and consequently the bank won't accept it!

Please could someone let me know who I can contact to return it and get a replacement?

Thanks
Alan B
Under 9's

Club: Chesham Utd

Re: Snowball Draw Question.....

Postby MartinW » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:43 pm

Alan, please drop me an email to community@cheshamunited.co.uk , and I can put you in contact with the Snowball administrator, John Ashby
MartinW
Site Admin

Club: Chesham United

Postby Mickeygee » Tue May 09, 2017 1:18 pm

I don't know to whom this should be addressed but - Has the Snowball scheme ended ?

There don't seem to have been any announcements of winners for a number of months.

Should we cancel our standing orders ? I'm sure a few people must be wondering !
Mickeygee
1st Team Squad

Postby RyanW » Thu May 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi mickeygee,

I believe the Snowball has been drawn up until March 2017. That would leave April as the only month to be drawn. May would be due at the start of June.

Ryan
RyanW
Under 17's

Club: Chesham United

Postby JC » Thu May 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Alan B is not the only one with cheque issues. Another supporter told me he had only recently received a cheque for winnings from last year. The cheque date was over 6 months old. Fortunately he had an understanding bank, who accepted it. Like several others he has become disillusioned with the way the Snowball currently operates and I believe he is withdrawing. Why can't the draws take place on time and the results be published, as before, on the message board. It might actually encourage others to join/re-join. According to my calculations the draw lost over 20 balls from the end of 2015 to the end of 2016. Without seeing current winnings it is not possible to see whether this trend is continuing. I can name at least 10 of these so it is not because of player participation. When Friends of Chesham United took on the Snowball from the club the draws were made on time and were often done on the pitch at half time. This was great publicity to a captive audience. Confidence needs to be restored before more leave. I understand this is all reliant on volunteers but with supporters money involved, greater transparency is essential for this lottery to survive.
JC
Under 10's

Club: Chesham Utd

Postby Mickeygee » Mon May 15, 2017 9:02 am

JC is spot on.

The results must be published each month if confidence and interest in the draw is to be maintained.

As far as I can see, no results have been shown on the Supporters Trust forum page in 2017.
Mickeygee
1st Team Squad

Postby steviep » Wed May 17, 2017 11:01 am

There is a fair point of contention here - there is a very good Mailchimp account which sends Chesham Updates around, there is a website and a messageboard, the Snowball should be a 'quick win' for the club and the fans, with promotion more people will join and more money gets raised, that money can be used to help the club. It just doesn't seem to be happening and the drum does need to be banged a bit more over this.

Some new thinking is also probably required, if raising cheques is turning too difficult, these accounts are all set up by direct debit, that being the case, why not just send the prize back to the 'pay in' account by BACS?

It is easy to maintain and grow this fund by communicating regularly, I know 3 or 4 fans who've stopped paying in and I'm finding the reasons to keep paying for my entry diminishing.

Why let the goodwill of the remaining snowballers go to waste?
steviep
South Midlands Squad

Return to General