GOLDEN GOALS 2010/11

Supporters' Trust discussion, news and events.

GOLDEN GOALS 2010/11

Postby Giles » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:12 pm

For 2010/11 Chesham United Supporters' Trust (CUST) is giving everyone a chance to take part in the popular Golden Goal competition at both home AND AWAY matches by introducing a new Golden Goal Season Ticket. "The idea of having a season ticket for golden goals, I confess, came about from the successful scheme ran by Aylesbury United last season - looking at what other clubs do is often the best way to arrive at ideas".

The idea is that for £25 a supporter can 'sponsor a minute' for the whole season, covering all 42 league games and the first 6 cup games of the season. Whenever the first goal of a game is scored in that particular minute the sponsor will win £22.50. "At Chesham we have fantastic travelling support for away games, and we know there is a huge amount of interest from non-travelling fans that our following via the website or awaiting text updates on their mobile phones. This way, there is now even more added interest with the golden goal covering away matches too. Overall entrants have more chances of winning more money for less...plus it works out to be a good fundraiser for the club enabling all supporters to take part in the golden goal competition rather than just those that are in the bar area before a match"

Entry forms can be downloaded by clicking on the following link: http://www.cheshamunited.co.uk/Download ... Ticket.pdf

Thank you to all those that have already entered and there is still plenty of time to enter if you haven’t done so already. The allocation of minutes will be made via a draw, which will take place in the Chess Suite after the Hendon game on 7th August.

Please feel free to hand entry form and payment to me at any of the Pre-season games coming up including at the Hendon.

Many thanks for your continued support.
Giles
Under 18's

Re: GOLDEN GOALS 2010/11

Postby Mickeygee » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:47 am

Sounds like an interesting idea - but it will 'rob' the Club we are visiting, if they run a 'Golden Goal ' competition.

Presumably the prizes will be reduced by 50%, as twice as many games will be covered - or have I missed something ?
Mickeygee
1st Team Squad

Postby Giles » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:39 pm

Mickey,

The idea is that you have double your chance of winning for the same price as lst season. If you bought 1 golden goal ticket at every home game last season it would have cost you £25 (21 league games and 4 cup games, not inc Play-off final), so this season were offering the chance to have the same minute for every league game home and away plus the first 6 cup games (either home or away) all for the same price. Yes the prize has come down from £35 to £22.50 for each game, but you have 48 chances to win instead of 25.

Please keep your entries coming through and I will be accepting on Saturday when we entertain Hendon, with the draw of minutes taking place after the game in the Chess Suite.
Giles
Under 18's

Postby Giles » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:04 pm

The draw of Minutes was made today with 39 minutes so far being allocated (20 in the first half and 19 the second). So still plenty of opportunities to purchase a Golden goal season ticket.

I will in due course let all entrants know of the minute they have been drawn for the season.

I am unable to make both the Ayesbury and Truro game, but please send your entries to office.
Giles
Under 18's

Postby Giles » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:42 am

I've had a few guys already ask if they won the 1st goldon goal with Steve Wales opening the scoring in 49th minute at Truro.
So far nobody has 49th minute, no payment will be made for this game. Still plenty of places left to enter before Tuesday game vs Oxford.
Giles
Under 18's

Postby Giles » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Please keep your Golden Goals entries coming in with still the 49th minute to be drawn out. But I'm pleased to confirm that we have our first winner of £22.50, with Steve Wales opener after 5 minutes vs Oxford City on Tuesday being won by Simon Newbury.

Please let me know if you still need confirmation of your minute for this season.
Giles
Under 18's

Postby Giles » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:36 am

£292.50 still to be claimed and 1 ticket worth £90

We currently have 39 tickets still available to purchase with 9 of these being an automatic winner and we still have 19 games left to play in the league. Wih 4 games ending goalless and 91st minute still not drawn, the luck person who purchases this ticket will win £90, also the the 15th minute is still not drawn and been the opening goal scored twice this season and once drawn will earn £45.

If you would like to enter before the next draw which will take place on 2nd Feb, please complete the Golden Goals entry form and either post it along with a cheque or hand it in at the bar.

Good Luck
Giles
Under 18's

Return to Supporters' Trust