PLAYER OF THE MONTH AWARDS

Supporters' Trust discussion, news and events.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH AWARDS

Postby Mike E » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:54 pm

We haven't exaclty been inundated with home matches recently, but we are long overdue a presentation or two for Player of the Month. This year (wait for it) we have individual trophies for the players to take away with them and everything. These have been kindly donated by Len Vockins, for which we thank him and are very grateful.

So for now, all I ask is that you think about it. I may ask for nominations on the coach to Oxford on Saturday, and no doubt I'll send a few e-mails out. Next home game is (potentially) Tuesday 21st October, and, all being well, presentations for the months of August and September could be made.

So please mull it over, and be ready to let me know who you'd vote for. Much appreciated.
Mike E
South Midlands Regular

Re: PLAYER OF THE MONTH AWARDS

Postby Mike E » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:00 pm

So we're at home tomorrow evening (weather permitting - hope I haven't tempted fate) and I intend to make the Player of the Month Presentations in the bar following the game.

Presentations will be made for the months of August, September and October. A number of votes have already been cast and you will have until full time tomorrow to let me know. Either let me know by sending me a PM, replying to this thread or by popping into the club shop tomorrow evening at some stage.

Just one name per month is needed, e.g.

AUGUST - Georgie "Pacey" Adams
SEPTEMBER - Maverick "Mav" Maverick
OCTOBER - Paul "Campo" Campion

Easy Peasy.

Please let me know. The more votes the more conclusive... :)

Cheers.
Mike E
South Midlands Regular

Postby Mike E » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:25 am

Any more votes, people? :)
Mike E
South Midlands Regular

Postby Mike E » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:13 am

Many thanks to all that voted for the Player of the Month awards... A good "turnout" this time...

So, anyway, we were a little behind the schedule and 3 presentations were made. Results as follows:

August Player of the Month
3rd Mark Lambert
2nd Dave Fotheringham
1st Danny Burnell

September Player of the Month
3rd Dom Marsala
2nd Mark Lambert
1st Dave Fotheringham

October Player of the Month
3rd Dave Fotheringham
2nd John Kyriacou
1st Mark Lambert

Congratulations to all those that received the votes and thanks to Len Vockins for supplying the trophies.

Cheers
Mike
Mike E
South Midlands Regular

Return to Supporters' Trust