Chesham 1 Slough 1

any topics for discussion concerning the Southern League, South Mids, or Midweek Youth

Chesham 1 Slough 1

Postby steviep » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:19 pm

With a string of defeats behind us, the hopes against Slough weren't high, it's clear now that our squad is somewhat depleted and to some extent we're seeing the season out in readiness to approach the next.

There was some positive things to take out of the game, a lovely long range strike by Pearce in the early moments of the game and an excellent chance that Youngs took which their keeper dealt well with.

Slough's equaliser came shortly after with a fast break down the right finished by a point blank header, a nice move and well taken goal. It would be fair to say Slough were the stronger side and on balance had 4 or 5 very good chances that should have been enough to seal the deal, eventually they got the result they needed to secure their playoff place. With no disrespect to them I am not sure that squad is quite ready for the next step but I guess there is a difference between a game where a draw will do and where they'll be more focussed, if I were one of their fans I would be thinking they lacked ruthlessness to put this game to bed.

The refereeing was a little inconsistent, both teams had a shout for a penalty, in the first half there was a fairly obvious push from Ujah that I thought was a foul, there was also potentially a hand ball in the box, though in fairness, could be argued more of a case of 'ball to hand'.

While Slough were the better side, there was some improvements in Chesham, defensively we looked more organised Adam Martin deservedly taking the Man of the Match for marshalling the back line and winning a number of aerial contests. Alex Ward at 11 looked impressive and slotted in nicely playing in an attacking sense linking well with Toby Little. We didn't look fantastic but there was a notable improvement from the recent performances and when there is little to play for at this point.

The real question is the Chesham we'll see next year, it's clear that we are going to see some fairly wholesale changes for 2017-18 season at the Meadow as for the first time in over a decade we start with a new management team. We're living through interesting times, that's for sure!
steviep
South Midlands Squad

Re: Chesham 1 Slough 1

Postby Adam » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Adam
Under 18's

Return to Football Topics