Thu 17 Nov Chesham United 4-3 Cockfosters

Thu 17 Nov Chesham United 4-3 Cockfosters

Postby Simon N » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:24 pm

1. Josh Thompson
2. Alex Ramsay
3. Luke Asquith
4. Jed de Souza
5. Matt Sear
6. Tom Law
7. Josh Burks
8. Ben Mooney
9. Ryan Moody (goal 40 mins)
10. Sam Bohnel (goals 34, 54,57 mins)
11. Will Orchard

12. Will Hall
14. Hadleigh Devall (for Bohnel 84 mins)
15. Tom Cocker (for de Souza 63 mins)
16. Kieran Smith
17. Krishen Patel

Chesham eventually made it through to the next round of the Colwyn Challenge Cup in an action-packed game. Chesham built up a 4-0 lead but finished hanging on as Cockfosters launched a comeback.

The visitors made the brighter start with Josh Thompson forced to turn away a shot from distance, then Alex Ramsay cleared off the line after an opposing player got round the keeper. Chesham’s first moment of note came when Ryan Moody headed wide of the far post from Sam Bohnel’s cross, then the visiting keeper made a diving save to keep out Ben Mooney’s shot. In the 29th minute Cockfosters hit the post with a header from a corner, but Chesham took the lead five minutes later when Will Orchard’s through ball enabled Sam Bohnel to round the keeper and tap in. Six minutes later Sam Bohnel blocked a clearance by the keeper, the ball ballooned up and the keeper could not see it which enabled Ryan Moody to lob into the empty net. Josh Thompson then had to rush from goal to save as a visiting player broke clear.

Early in the second half Cockfosters wasted a great chance with a tame effort straight at Thompson, but Chesham then wrapped up the game with two goals in three minutes. Josh Burks created both with surging runs from the right which set up Sam Bohnel to complete his hat-trick. Two minutes later the visitors scored with a long shot into the top corner, but Chesham seemed in command and could have added to their tally when Josh Burks again went on a great run only to shoot across goal, and the opposing keeper made a fine save to keep out Ben Mooney’s header. However on 67 minutes a far post header made it 4-2. Ryan Moody then hit the bar after Ben Mooney pulled the ball back, but in the next minute another cross and a close-range header reduced the deficit to just one goal. Chesham were starting to live on their nerves in an enthralling finish but the defence survived without any further alarms. Late in the game sub Hadleigh Devall broke clear but the keeper saved, then in stoppage time Chesham broke away and Devall sent Ryan Moody clear to slide the ball past the keeper but wide.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to Youth

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest