Truro City 0-3 Chesham United

Truro City 0-3 Chesham United

Postby Simon N » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Truro City Chesham United
Mike Searle 1 Shane Gore
Shane White 2 Tommy Fletcher
Chris Long 3 Jeanmal Prosper
Jake Ash 4 Alex Brown
Rob Farkins 5 Darren Purse
Arran Pugh 6 Richard Graham
Dan Green 7 Dave Fotheringham
Jamie Lowry 8 Ashley Smith
Barry Hayles 9 Ryan Blake
Cody Cooke 10 Simon Thomas
Isaac Vassell 11 Mark Bell

Ben Watson 12 Josh Cooper
Les Afful 14 Ryan Towner
Craig Duff 15 Stephan Hamilton
Myles James 16 Mark Nwokeji
Kyle Moore 17 David Lynn

Watson for Hayles 63 Hamilton for Graham 60
Duff for Green 63 Towner for Bell 74
Afful for Cooke 70 Nwokeji for Blake 81

Thomas pen 25
Blake 79
Nwokeji 90+4

Searle 23 Blake 28
Fotheringham 35
Smith 81

Chesham United Man of the Match: Shane Gore

Considering the changes to the squad in the close season, this is as satisfying a result as Chesham have managed in a long time. Chesham played some good football in the opening half, although the goal came as a result of a moment of madness from home keeper Mike Searle. Truro pushed forward in the second half without threatening the Chesham goal, and Chesham clinched the win with two goals on the break late on.

With Daniel Brathwaite and Inih Effiong missing the match through injury, Chesham’s line-up included only two players who featured in the corresponding fixture last season. Chesham looked the more likely to score early on, Ashley Smith setting up Mark Bell whose shot was blocked by Rob Farkins and Searle grabbed the loose ball. Another Mark Bell shot was then blocked by Jake Ash at the expense of a corner. At the other end Jamie Lowry’s shot deflected off Darren Purse and flew over, then a Lowry free kick was superbly saved by Shane Gore and cleared by Darren Purse. Midway through the half Simon Thomas hooked the ball into the box and Searle beat Ryan Blake to the ball, but flicked out a foot and caught Blake to concede a penalty. Searle could easily have seen red for violent conduct but escaped with a yellow, and after treatment for Blake Simon Thomas tucked away the penalty. Chesham continued to look the more dangerous, Ryan Blake shooting into the side netting then heading over from a cross by Ashley Smith. Towards half-time Barry Hayles had a shot deflected past the far post, then Shane Gore saved Cody Cooke’s free kick and the follow-up from Barry Hayles. In stoppage time Cooke’s header from a Lowry corner was tipped over by Gore.

Early in the second half Jeanmal Prosper’s cross came to Ashley Smith who shot into the side netting. Just before the hour mark Chesham lost Richard Graham to injury following a foul by Arran Pugh, but Searle held the resulting free kick from Mark Bell. Truro began to put on some pressure but lacked ideas and Chesham’s defence was rarely troubled. The only incident of note came fifteen minutes from time, when Shane Gore pushed away a shot from Les Afful and Jeanmal Prosper hacked the loose ball away. In the 79th minute Ryan Towner’s through ball split the home defence and Ryan Blake ran through to fire past Searle to make it 2-0. That killed the game and Chesham went on to add a third in stoppage time, Mark Nwokeji beating two defenders to Simon Thomas’ long ball and running on to shoot into the bottom corner of the net.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests