Chesham United 3-0 St Neots Town

Chesham United 3-0 St Neots Town

Postby Simon N » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Chesham United St Neots Town
Shane Gore 1 Nathan Abbey
John Kyriacou 2 Mason Spense
Toby Little 3 Arthur Lee
Laurie Stewart 4 Ben Ford
Darren Purse 5 Ryan Frater
Scott Thomas 6 Gavin Hoyte
Dave Fotheringham 7 Jake Woolley
James Potton 8 Jay Davies
Chris Dillon 9 Simon Thomas
Drew Roberts 10 Lewis Wilson
Bruce Wilson 11 Lorenzo Ferrari

Daniel Brathwaite 12 David Deeney
Richard Graham 14 Matt Nolan
Inih Effiong 15 Shane Tolley
Jeanmal Prosper 16 Edward Adjei
Alex Brown 17 Dan Swann

Graham for Fotheringham 70 Adjei for Ferrari 23
Effiong for Dillon 70 Deeney for Wilson 45
Prosper for Potton 76 Nolan for Ford 84

Dillon 29, 58
Little 44

Abbey 30
Spense 41

Frater 19

Waitrose Man of the Match in association with the Bucks Examiner: Scott Thomas

Chesham took their run of consecutive wins to twelve and also gained two points on Hemel Hempstead at the top of the table. Chesham wrapped up the game with three goals in the first hour against ten-man St Neots and cruised through the rest of the game.

The starting line-up was unchanged for the seventh league match in a row. Chesham made the stronger start, Scott Thomas shooting just over in the third minute. James Potton then set up Chris Dillon who shot wide of the near post, then Potton crossed and the ball came to Bruce Wilson whose lose-range effort hit the post and bounced away. Chesham’s cause was helped in the nineteenth minute when Ryan Frater and Darren Purse grappled as the ball sailed over their heads, and as the two got up Frater hit Purse across the face with his left arm and could have no complaint about the resulting red card. Four minutes later James Potton forced a reaction save from keeper Nathan Abbey, who grabbed the loose ball and was lucky to stay on the pitch after stamping on Toby Little. However in the next minute Drew Roberts crossed from wide on the left and Chris Dillon headed in to give Chesham the lead. Still Chesham looked the more dangerous and Chris Dillon robbed Gavin Hoyte and attempted to lob into the empty net but his effort went wide. After 44 minutes Chesham made it 2-0 with a well-worked goal, Drew Roberts flicking Bruce Wilson’s pass into the path of Toby Little who ran on to beat Abbey.

Still Chesham kept up the pressure in the second half, and in the fourth minute after the restart a Bruce Wilson corner bounced around the visitors’ area before Chris Dillon hit a snap shot wide. On 58 minutes John Kyriacou crossed from the right, James Potton controlled and squared for Chris Dillon to score Chesham’s third. Chesham were content to play possession football against a team who made little effort to get back in the game. On 66 minutes St Neots had their first effort on goal, a shot from Jay Davies that went high and wide. Late in the game a good ball forward from Laurie Stewart found Toby Little, whose cross was hit over the bar by Inih Effiong. Shortly afterwards Richard Graham set up Drew Roberts who shot over the bar. On his return to the Meadow Simon Thomas was forced to toil away up front with little support, and his team finished the game without a single shot on target.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest