Chesham United 3-0 Bedford Town

Chesham United 3-0 Bedford Town

Postby Simon N » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:21 am

Chesham United Bedford Town
Shane Gore 1 Dan Green
John Kyriacou 2 Paul Cooper
Daniel Brathwaite 3 Jordan Jarrold
Laurie Stewart 4 Zak Stephens
Danny Gordon 5 John Sonuga
Scott Thomas 6 Jeremy Nash
Toby Little 7 Jordan Davis
Steve Wales 8 Eugene Asante
Chris Dillon 9 Andrew Phillips
Drew Roberts 10 Curtis Shaw
Bruce Wilson 11 Taylor Rhiney

Inih Effiong 12 Jordan Patrick
Dave Fotheringham 14 Sam Macrae
Mark Lambert 15 David Femiola
Alex Brown 16 Alex Thomas
James Potton 17 Keeran Birch

Fotheringham for Brathwaite 70 Macrae for Asante 70
Effiong for Wales 75 Patrick for Shaw 75
Brown for Stewart 84 Thomas for Davis 79

Roberts 47, 55
Kyriacou 65

Roberts 44 Cooper 65
Stewart 54 Phillips 75

Waitrose Man of the Match in association with the Bucks Examiner: John Kyriacou

After a frustrating opening half, Chesham eventually completed a comfortable win over struggling Bedford. This took Chesham’s winning streak to ten matches in which they have scored 29 goals and conceded just 2.

For the first time in five matches there was a change to the side, Toby Little coming in for James Potton who had not fully recovered from the dead leg sustained on Saturday. Chesham made a strong start and in the fourth minute keeper Dan Green dropped a routine cross from Toby Little and Jordan Jarrold hurriedly cleared the loose ball. Drew Roberts then found John Kyriacou with a fine ball, and got on the end of the resulting cross but could only shoot over. Roberts then tried his luck with a shot that was nervously tipped over by Green, then Roberts seize on a mistake by John Sonuga and took an early shot that Green held. After 13 minutes a Drew Roberts free kick was just wide of the near post, and at this stage it seemed only a matter of time before Chesham broke through. However the early promise faded and the game became scrappy. After 26 minutes a Scott Thomas shot hit the head of a defender and went out for a corner, then Bedford had their one effort of the half when Andrew Phillips glanced a Jordan Davis cross straight at Shane Gore. As half-time approached, Drew Roberts’ shot was parried by Green and the ball bounced off Bruce Wilson back into the keeper’s hands.

Early in the second half Bruce Wilson pulled the ball back to Toby Little whose shot hit a defender and bounced back off the bar. However in the next minute Little crossed low from the left and Drew Roberts converted at the far post to give Chesham the lead. Seven minutes later Andrew Phillips took a free kick from 30 yards that was high and wide, but Chesham immediately broke away and Steve Wales and Toby Little combined to set up a shooting chance that Drew Roberts fired into the corner of the net from the edge of the area. Chesham were now in control of the game, and ten minutes later Drew Roberts was pushed off the ball by Paul Cooper as he went to meet a Steve Wales cross. It was a clear penalty which Roberts took as he was on a hat-trick, but Green dived to save only to see John Kyriacou score from the loose ball. Five minutes later Chesham could have had a fourth as Drew Roberts set up Steve Wales who side-footed wide. With the result not in doubt both sides played out time. Two minutes from time a Bedford free kick dropped to Jordan Patrick whose snap shot flew over, then at the other end Inih Effiong was clear on the right but blasted wide of the near post. In stoppage time Drew Roberts stepped over an Inih Effiong cross to set up Chris Dillon whose shot was saved by Green.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest