Biggleswade Town 0-1 Chesham United

Biggleswade Town 0-1 Chesham United

Postby Simon N » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Biggleswade Town Chesham United
Ian Brown 1 Shane Gore
Callum Lewis 2 John Kyriacou
Mark Coulson 3 Daniel Brathwaite
Andrew Iwediuno 4 Mark Lambert
Steve Gentle 5 Danny Gordon
Lee Allinson 6 Scott Thomas
Craig Daniel 7 James Potton
Evan Key 8 Steve Wales
Nat Peacock 9 Chris Dillon
Brett Donnelly 10 Drew Roberts
Lee Reed 11 Bruce Wilson

Alex Witham 12 Inih Effiong
Jon Woolf 14 Dave Fotheringham
George Smith 15 Laurie Stewart
Austin Eaton 16 Toby Little
Alex Taylor 17 Alex Brown

Witham for Lewis 23 Stewart for Lambert 61
Woolf for Donnelly 47 Fotheringham for Potton 72
Smith for Reed 81 Little for Roberts 87

Brathwaite 53

Gentle 49 Roberts 38
Allinson 78 Lambert 59

Waitrose Man of the Match in association with the Bucks Examiner: Chris Dillon

A solitary set-piece goal was enough to see Chesham into the next round of the FA Trophy. Chesham were a long way from their best in a drab encounter, but having taken the lead Chesham rarely looked like conceding and have now kept five consecutive clean sheets.

The starting line-up was the same as for last week’s win at Chippenham. Chesham had the better of the opening stages but the first serious attempt on goal did not come until the 13th minute, when a corner was played short to Steve Wales whose shot was blocked and Chris Dillon’s follow-up was held by home keeper Ian Brown. Midway through the half a long free kick from Lee Allinson was headed over by Nat Peacock, then a mishit cross from Lee Reed came back off the bar. Reed’s corner was then turned into the side netting by Allinson, but that was as good as it got for the home side. Chesham continued to have the upper hand, but all they had to show for it was a long-range effort from James Potton that Brown dived to his right to save, and a shot from wide on the right from Chris Dillon that Brown held.

Early in the second half a 30-yard free kick from Drew Roberts was pushed away by Brown at his near post. After 53 minutes Chesham scored the game’s only goal, when Steve Wales’ left-wing corner was headed in by the unmarked Daniel Brathwaite. Shortly afterwards Mark Lambert was injured in bringing down Nat Peacock to earn a yellow card, and while he was off the pitch Lee Reed sent Craig Daniel clear but Shane Gore came out to block the resulting shot. Lambert was replaced by Laurie Stewart and the last half-hour passed without a meaningful effort on goal from either side. Chesham sat on their lead and Biggleswade came into the game more, but only stretched the Chesham defence on a couple of occasions. Chesham occasionally looked dangerous on the break but often the final ball was lacking, and a forgettable encounter ended with Chesham content to play out time.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests