Evostik League South Logo

The Evo-Stik League South Premier Division

Tuesday 21st November 2017

The Meadow, Chesham

Attendance 187

Match Ball Sponsored By Phil Morgan

Match Report By Simon Newbury

Chesham United
Man Of The Match
Jhai Dhillon
Hafed Al-Droubi 1 Aiden Upward Chesham ended a run of six consecutive wins but are still unbeaten in 12 games following this goalless draw. Chesham had the better chances, including a first-half penalty, but rarely tested a resolute but unambitious Farnborough side.

There were two changes to the Chesham team, with Adam Pepera and Jon-Jo Bates replacing Oran Swales and David Hutton. This meant a reversion to three central defenders with Benji Crilley and Jhai Dhillon pushed further forward. Farnborough had the benefit of a strong wind in their favour in the first half and created their best chance of the match in the ninth minute, Jamie Cureton setting up Perry Coles who shot past Hafed Al-Droubi’s left hand but wide of the post. After a slow start Chesham began to get into the game, but Farnborough had the next chance with Cureton bringing a smart save from Hafed Al-Droubi who also saved Connor Calcutt’s follow-up. However on 35 minutes Jhai Dhillon broke forward and was making for the by-line on the left when he was pulled to the ground by Bobby Dormer. However keeper Aiden Upward stretched out a hand to turn Matt Bevans’ penalty over the bar. In the last minute of the half Lewis Toomey was fouled by CJ Fearn but the referee played advantage, and Jon-Jo Bates set up Benji Crilley whose curling shot beat Upward but came back off the bar.

Chesham had the wind in their favour in the second half but often it only served to carry the ball too far for the strikers, while the visitors were content to sit back and let Chesham come at them. On 56 minutes Lewis Toomey shot on the turn from just inside the area but the ball sailed harmlessly over the bar. Midway through the half Shane Bush came on as a substitute, and immediately ran on to a headed pass from Benji Crilley but Upward came out to block. Chesham’s best chance of the half came six minutes from time, when Matt Bevans broke forward and slipped the ball though to Joe Iaciofano who shot past Upward but into the side netting. Four minutes later Shane Bush beat the visitors’ offside trap and squared to Joe Iaciofano who sot straight at Upward. A disappointing evening ended on a low note in the final minute, when Lewis Toomey pulled a muscle chasing a through ball and was carried off.
Benji Crilley 2 Bobby Dormer
Jhai Dhillon 3 Matt Jones
Matt Bevans 4 CJ Fearn
Kieran Murphy 5 Keith Emerson
Darren Locke 6 Josh Huggins
Adam Pepera 7 Jack Barton
Adam Watkins 8 Connor Calcutt
Lewis Toomey 9 Jamie Cureton
Joe Iaciofano 10 Perry Coles
Jon-Jo Bates 11 Nic Ciardini
Scott McGleish 12 Kevin Lamdai
Shane Bush 14 Brett Cunningham
Oran Swales 15 Elijah Anyan
Zack Reynolds 16 Adam Everitt
Charlie Hayford 17 -
Used Substitutes
Bush for Bates 70   Everitt for Calcutt 78
Swales for Crilley 77   Lamadi for Ciardini 83
McGleish for Toomey 90    
Watkins 50   Fearn 45+1
    Barton 53
    Calcutt 74
    Coles 76
Sent Off