Evostik League South Logo

The Evo-Stik League South Premier Division

Tuesday 14th November 2017

Creasey Park, Dunstable

Attendance 93

Match Report By Simon Newbury

Dunstable Town
Chesham United
Man Of The Match
Joe Iaciofano
Nick Hayes 1 Hafed Al-Droubi This win extended Chesham’s winning run to five and their unbeaten run to ten matches. After going a goal down against second-bottom Dunstable, Chesham gradually grew into the game and were ultimately deserved winners although the final scoreline was a little flattering.

The evening got off to a difficult start as an accident caused a partial closure of the M1, meaning that a number of players of both sides were held up on their way to the ground. Eventually the game kicked off 30 minutes late by which time all Chesham’s players had arrived bar Oran Swales, who was replaced in the starting line-up by Zack Reynolds. Chesham started slowly and in the second minute Dunstable’s Saul Williams had a shooting chance only to fire straight at Hafed al-Droubi. Seven minutes later the home side took the lead when Arel Amu shot low into the net after Chesham failed to clear a cross. Chesham began to click into gear and Darren Locke got his head to David Hutton’s corner but could only nod the ball wide. On 17 minutes Matt Bevans’ free kick from the left was headed goalwards by Lewis Toomey, home keeper Nick Hayes saved but Kieran Murphy netted his first goal for the club from the loose ball. Chesham’s pace was stretching the home defence, but Dunstable occasionally threatened themselves and Arel Amu stabbed the ball just wide after Hafed Al-Droubi saved from Andrew Osei-Bonsu. In the next minute home keeper Nick Hayes came to the left of his area to grab the ball, but slid out of the penalty area in doing so. Hayes was booked for handball and Jhai Dhillon took the free kick short to Kieran Murphy whose shot was easily saved. However two minutes later a quick Chesham move saw Lewis Toomey cross from the left, and Joe Iaciofano headed past Hayes to put Chesham ahead. In the last minute of normal time Adam Pepera replaced the injured Darren Locke, but Chesham were still on the attack and in stoppage time Lewis Toomey fired the ball across the home goal but David Hutton was just unable to get a touch.

Early in the second half Lewis Toomey and Adam Watkins both had half-chances but failed to convert, while at the other end Lanre Ladipo shot straight at Hafed Al-Droubi from a good postion. Arel Amu found some space on the home right and fired across goal but the ball took a slight deflection and went out for a corner. The game then went into a quiet phase, until the 69th minute when Matt Bevans unleashed a fierce drive that beat Hayes but flew just past his right-hand post. Chesham were looking comfortable but were given a warning when Andrew Osei-Bonsu curled in a shot that flew just wide with the aid of a deflection. However the resulting corner was cleared and Joe Iaciofano took a return pass from Adam Watkins, ran on and shot past Hayes to make it 3-1 with a deflected shot. The goal killed off the home side and three minutes later Iaciofano turned provider, racing to the by-line on the right and pulling the ball across for Lewis Toomey to score Chesham’s fourth.
Peter Kioso 2 Benji Crilley
Gedeon Okito 3 Jhai Dhillon
Erin Amu 4 Matt Bevans
John Sonuga 5 Kieran Murphy
Scott Betts 6 Darren Locke
Ryan Young 7 David Hutton
Lanre Ladipo 8 Adam Watkins
Arel Amu 9 Lewis Toomey
Andrew Osei-Bonsu 10 Joe Iaciofano
Saul Williams 11 Zack Reynolds
Ben Collins 12 Scott McGleish
Jonathan Barnett 14 Shane Bush
Brandy Makuendi 15 Jon-Jo Bates
Daniel Trif 16 Oran Swales
Sam Osudoga 17 Adam Pepera
Used Substitutes
Collins for Okito 60   Pepera for Locke 45
    Bush for Reynolds 75
    Bates for Hutton 79
A Amu 9   Murphy 17
    Iaciofano 40,84
    Toomey 87
Ladipo 27   Locke 32
Hayes 38   Reynolds 72
    Bush 90
Sent Off