Evostik League South Logo

The Evostik League Southern Premier Division

Monday 26th December 2016

The Meadow, Chesham

Attendance 542

Match Report By Simon Newbury

Chesham United
Kings Langley
Man Of The Match
Matt Taylor
Ashlee Jones 1 Danzell St Louis-Hamilton Chesham made it 15 goals in their last three home games with this win over Kings Langley. After the visitors took a surprise lead Chesham took control of the game with two set-piece goals, but Kings Langley came back again before two late goals sealed the win.

With Drew Roberts away for one game over Christmas Brad Wadkins returned up front after missing the abandoned game at Leamington. There was little indication of the goal-feast to come early on, although in the eighth minute Toby Little crossed to the unmarked Brad Wadkins who misdirected a header back across goal. Seven minutes later Wadkins was clear 40 yards out but his attempted lob was easily saved by keeper Danzell St Louis-Hamilton. However Kings Langley were occasionally looking dangerous, and on the half-hour David Hutton’s dummy set up Ryan Plowright whose shot lacked power and was easily saved by Ashlee Jones. On 34 minutes Immanuelson Duku broke away down the visitors’ left and squared to David Hutton, who laid the ball off for Steve Ward to slot past Jones to open the scoring. Chesham showed greater urgency and Toby Little’s free kick into the visitors’ area was just missed by Barry Hayles and Brad Wadkins. On 40 minutes Matt Taylor was fouled by Emmanuel Folarin, clearly inside the penalty area but the referee gave a free kick on the edge. Matt Taylor then got on the end of a Ryan Blake cross but mistimed his header, then a Toby Little free kick was cleared to Ryan Blake whose first shot was blocked and the follow-up deflected wide. However the resulting corner was taken by Toby Little and headed in by the unmarked Barry Hayles to level the scores.

Three minutes after the restart another Toby Little corner was headed home at the far post by Mat Mitchel-King for his first goal for the club. Chesham were now in control of the game but did not come close again until the 69th minute, when Darren Purse’s clearance sent Brad Wadkins free to set up Barry Hayles, who stroked the ball into the corner of the net to make it 3-1. However the visitors pulled one back only five minutes later, when Immanuelson Duku crossed from the left and Ryan Plowright stole in to beat Ashlee Jones from close range. At the other end Ryan Blake’s shot was saved low to his right by St Louis-Hamilton, then in the next minute Blake held off two defenders and shot but the keeper produced a good low save. Chesham were looking comfortable but still had only a one-goal advantage until late on, when Matt Taylor got to the by-line on the left and squared to Brad Wadkins, who was about to tap in but was wrestled off the ball by Mayo Balogun. Technically Balogun should have been sent off but escaped without being spoken to, while sub Dave Pearce comfortably despatched the resulting penalty. In stoppage time Dave Pearce’s cross found Ryan Blake whose effort was tipped onto the bar by St Louis-Hamilton, and Sam Youngs had only to nod the ball over the line for Chesham’s fifth. The scoreline was harsh on the visitors but could have been even more emphatic late on, when Darren Purse got on the end of Dave Pearce’s corner but could only head wide.
Benji Crilley 2 Jack Pattison
Brett Longden 3 Mayo Balogun
Mat Mitchell-King 4 Jorell Johnson
Darren Purse 5 Emmanuel Folarin
Adam Martin 6 Ollie Cox
Toby Little 7 Steve Ward
Matt Taylor 8 Ryan Plowright
Barry Hayles 9 Immanuelson Duku
Brad Wadkins 10 David Hutton
Ryan Blake 11 Oran Swales
Dave Pearce 12 James Verney
Sam Youngs 14 Jack Walden
Stephan Hamilton-Forbes 15 Dean Hitchcock
Taylor McKenzie 16 Boris Kipeya
Michal Gorniak 17 Daniel Green
Used Substitutes
Youngs For Hayles 70   Verney For Swales 61
Pearce For Little 73    
Gorniak For Wadkins 90+2    
Hayles 45, 69   Ward 34
Mitchel-King 48   Plowright 74
Pearce Pen 88    
Youngs 90+1    
    Folarin 58
    Pattison 59