Evostik League South Logo

Dunstable Town (FA Cup Q1 Replay) (H) Tuesday 16th September 7.45pm

The Meadow, Chesham

Chesham United
Att 208
Dunstable Town
Man of the Match:
Tommy Fletcher 
 Shane Gore 1 Luke Chambers  Once again Chesham’s home form proved to be their undoing as they failed to match Saturday’s performance.  On this occasion Dunstable had much the better of the game, but Chesham forced their way back into the match only to concede a poor goal two minutes from time.

Chesham made only one change, Alex Brown coming in for the injured Darren Purse, while Dunstable made one enforced change, David Hutton starting in place of injured striker Lee Roache.  The visitors made the better start but it was not until the thirteenth minute that they managed an effort on goal, David Hutton’s shot coming off Daniel Brathwaite for a corner.  Scott Davies then forced Shane Gore to dive to tip away a long-range effort.  As half-time approached Christopher Marsh had a shot saved by Shane Gore and Daniel Brathwaite blocked the follow-up, then Marsh and David Hutton wasted dangerous situations by shooting well off target.  For their part Chesham failed to muster a single noteworthy effort in the half.

Early in the second half a Charlie Henry shot was deflected wide, then Chesham threatened for the first time when Toby Little set up Mark Bell but keeper Luke Chambers came out to block.  Dunstable then came close when a Scott Davies free kick was headed back across goal and Nick Beasant’s effort was cleared off the line and over the bar.  Chesham then lost Alex Brown to injury, Andy Ballard moving into the centre of defence.  On 62 minutes Scott Davies’ free kick was parried by Shane Gore and Nick Beasant scored from the loose ball.  Davies hit another free kick just over and Charlie Henry then found some space down the visitors’ right but shot well over.  In the last quarter Chesham began to put some pressure on for the first time in the match.  On 77 minutes Toby Little crossed and Simon Thomas netted at the near post but the goal was disallowed for offside, which was wrong according to those Chesham fans who were in line.  Three minutes later Inih Effiong won the ball on the left and set up Toby Little whose cross was converted by Simon Thomas for Chesham’s equlaiser.  Dunstable complained that the goal was offside and may have had a case, but could have few complaints after the earlier decision.  At this stage the game could have gone either way, but two minutes from time a right-wing corner from Scott Davies came through to the far post where the unmarked Elliot Sandy was able to turn the ball into the net.  In stoppage time a shot from Jamale McKenzie-Lowe was saved by Shane Gore, and Elliot Sandy should have scored from the rebound but could only hit the post.

 Ashley Smith 2 Ben Herd 
Daniel Brathwaite 3  Ryan Plowright
Tommy Flethcher 4  Nick Beasant
Alex Brown  Anthony Charles
Andy Ballard
6  Scott Davies
Ryan Towner 7  Steven Gregory
Toby Little 8  Charlie Henry
 David Pearce 9  Gary Mulligan
 Simon Thomas 10  David Hutton
 Mark Bell 11 Christopher Marsh 
Inih Effiong 12 Elliot Sandy 
James Beasant 13  Ben Barnes
 Richard Graham 14  Terry Dixon
Josh Cooper 15  Jamale McKenzie-Lowe
Mark Nwokeji 16 Shane Blackett 
 David Lynn 17  -
 Connor Wood 18  Newman Carney
 Thomas 80    Beasant 62
    Sandy 88
Used Substitutes
 Graham for Brown 57 McKenzie-Lowe for Mulligan 84 
Effiong for Bell 73   Sandy for Hutton 84
 Nwokeji for Brathwaite 90  
 Brown 11    None
Sent off
 None   None